background

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Re-purposing Moms old pants to Payzlei new pants

I have a bad habit of keeping old jeans, (I will make everyone in my family jean quilts... one day!) So, far I have made Chester and Jake one.  This one was Jakes Valentines present, he had told me that he always wanted someone to make him a quilt, and I just happened to have plenty of jeans and thought he would like it..

He was SO excited!! I also made Chester one for his bed, its a red cowboy one. But, my pile of pants keeps getting bigger. Awhile ago I was at my sisters and she had this board of projects she wanted to make for her kids on there was the CUTEST pants for a little girl with scalloped/ruffled sides. So, one day I decided to give it a try for miss Payz. I got some of my old ripped silvers and gave it a try. They really dont look much like the picture, but they look Adorable on Payz!




I left the scallops because I wanted them to frey a little. The daisy buttons on the scallops look so cute. And the shirt she has on is part of her 4th of July outfit I made her. But, I do think I found out how I can use some of these pants without having to make a quilt.. lol. Kids pants for free.. cant beat that!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment